As a busy parent, its often really hard to get time for yourself. If you are anything like me, a spa day is the ultimate in relaxation! However, its often quite difficult to get either time to book one, or there are other things to spend the money on.
Here we look at ways to have a spa day at home with your pals, without breaking the bank.
- Hire a hot tub! If you split the cost with a few friends it should be affordable
- Make face masks out of ingredients you already have! Banana, yoghurt, vinegar even – check out the recipes here
- Go the whole hog – wear fluffy bathrobes and slippers
- Fizz (non alcoholic or otherwise!) is a must!
- You could book a therapist to come round to do treatments, or you could do them on each other! Manicures or facials are easy to do
- Light candles and play soft music in the rooms you are using
- Ban kids! If you can, at least. Try to get them to go on a play date. Same with pets – its not relaxing if you have to keep getting up to let the dog out!
- Make your own foot spa with (classy) washing up bowls and scented bubbles. Remember to put out lots of towels
- You could play little games whilst having treatments – nothing too raucous
- Another great idea is to book a Body Shop party (or similar) they will come round and are likely to give you some treats in return for having the party.
- Learn some skills – get Youtube on and learn how to give each other hand massages and foot rubs
- Ask everyone to bring round their unused beauty things and have a swap! Everyone has random bottles of boy lotion they don’t like, but how lovely to swap it for one you do
- Likewise, get people to bring round a plate of food each – you don’t want to do all the catering
- You could get everyone to bring ingredients and make a graze board together
- Most importantly – chat, catch up, and have fun!!